The CSSI Biennial Summer Conference was held at UCC on the 22nd and 23rd of June 2017. The theme of the conference was “Transitions: Minding the Gap in Liminal Spaces” and the keynote speakers were Dr. Tony Bates of Jigsaw Ireland, and Dr. Terry Maguire, Director of the National Forum for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
Please click on the links below to download a selection of presentations from the conference.
- Harnessing Student Engagement to Create Mentally Healthy Campuses: Riona Hughes (BICS) & Treasa Hanniffy (Please Talk): Click to download PDF
- Improving Retention Through Effective Student Orientation: Carmel Brennan (GMIT) & Sarah Gibbons (UL): Click to download PDF
- Leading the Way? Models for Empowerment in Student Volunteer Roles: Ralph Armstrong-Astley & Ben Power (TCD): Click to download PDF
- Mortified: Knowing the Territory of Fear & Reaching Students Trapped There: Éamonn Ó Dochartaigh (NUIG): Click to download PDF
- Parental Involvement in Assisting Students from Access Linked Schools to Transition to Third Level: Deirdre Creedon (CIT): Click to download PDF
- Shaping Student Accommodation for the Future: Cian Power & Karolina Pietkiewicz (USI): Click to download PDF
- The College Experience and the Impact on Student Retention: A Study in Institute of Technology, Sligo: Dr. Michael Barrett (IT Sligo): Click to download PDF
- The Evolving and Responsive Nature of UCC PLUS+ Post-entry Supports: Maeve O’Reilly & Evan Healy (UCC): Click to download PDF
- The Mid-West 3rd Level Drug & Alcohol Awareness Initiative: Eva Devaney (MIC) & Elaine Griffin, Project Worker: Click to download PDF
- The Role of Assistive Technology in Supporting Students with Mental Health Difficulties: Niall Kirrane (TCD): Click to download PDF
- Love It: Supporting Mature Students in Transition: Limerick Institute of Technology: Click to download PDF
- Joining the Dots: Supporting Students Throughout the Student Journey: Caitriona McGrattan (Maynooth University): Click to download PDF